Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Celtic Knot A Tribute To Mary Jane

Thank you Connie for having me quilt this amazing quilt.



















The blocks are all hand appliqued - duh me didn't take a picture of the backside before quilting, so you could see the perfect stitching this woman did

Mary Jane taught me how to hand quilt many  years ago.  Back then no rotary cutters, used templates to cut the pieces, hand stitch the blocks together and then hand stitched the quilt.

I had big dreams of making a full size hand sewn and hand quilted quilt for Stacy.  Had all the fabrics and some of the blocks cut and finished.  Which in the end turned into pillows instead of a quilt.  Working full time, raising 3 children and many other interests I finally gave up on my hand quilting.

Too bad for me.  My intention is to someday give it another go.

Hmmm I wonder how long I will live to finish all the plans I have.


At least I have good intentions - we will just have to see how much I really do get accomplished before..........


No comments: