Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Play Day

For a brief moment or day I should say I had nowhere to go, nothing special planned and nothing urgent to be done either in the house or the yard.

Yesterday was my play day - a day where I could do as much or as little as I wanted and when I wanted.

It was a good day for it as it rained all day long off and on.  A day that reminded me of other play days.

Sometimes a person needs a day just like mine.

It started with working on a ceramic Rooster -  and while the paint dried in between painting parts, I had a quilt loaded and did a few rows.

When I got tired of quilting I would go back to the rooster - in between all of this I was boiling black walnuts for dye.

Also in the works was a knitted infinity scarf that I did manage to finish, along with some hand embroidery on a dish towel.

Now you might think this sounds like a lot of work, but for me it is playing.  The fun part comes when I'm bored working on one project I can go sit on the couch and knit or embroider, or go into the sewing room and quilt, or come back out and paint.  All the while checking on my boiling walnuts.

Do you think I'm Nuts???  Maybe but for me this what my play days are like.

I have to be honest I didn't finish the quilt yesterday ( could have but didn't) I did finish it this morning however, and will put the binding on either later today or tonight.

Today I'm going on a  F.A.R.T. *fabric acquisition road trip  day today - going with the girls to purchase backing fabrics for some of my other quilts in progress.

Here ya go enjoy my pics from my play day:










I don't think you  need to see walnuts boiling do you???

No comments: