Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Where Does The Time Go????

This summer is flying by at a super fast pace.

Before we know it we will be ankle deep in all that yuck that I'm still trying to forget from last year.

My schedule has been an absolute whirl wind these past 2 months and looks like the next 2 will be about the same.

Fun days for sure have been happening around here:

After Washington Island, came the visit from my friend Lynne and her husband Jack - shopping with her, Julie and Laurie was blast in Stoughton.

From that short trip to next stop Cedarburg with the quilters from Milton.  We took a trip there last Wed and had a fantastic time at the quilt museum and then touring a old mill turned into winery and approx 20 small shops.

Kylee and I hit almost everyone, I had to beg off the last few - she wore me out.











These aren't even all the pictures I took, but you get the idea.

From the museum we went to a local quilt shop:








Can you believe Kylee age 13 actually wanted to go with us old ladies to this.  She had a great time with us and we with her.

After the quilt shop we hit the mill in Cedarburg where she spent most of her time trying on hats.  I only got one picture of her doing that but took many more with her Ipad maybe I can get her to email hers and I can upload a few of those  -  just skip by if you don't want to see any more photos LOL

This was just one of all the hats she tried on and she looked good in all of them.

Next stop - Saturday went to Prairie Du Chien with Stacy and Julie to pick up turtle meat - lucky you I forgot my camera.

Stopping first at the quilt shop in Fennimore,  I'm a good girl didn't buy anything.  Julie and Stacy on the other hand was a different story.  

Picked up the meat and went to lunch - again you are lucky no pictures but Julie got a couple hehehehehe.

Now can you see why I'm thinking this summer is flying by.   I'm not complaining about how busy I am, just sorry that the days are going by so fast.

Just so you don't think Ive given up on quilting, I haven't.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of a new "student" here for classes and today I quilted one of the tops I have been working on for over a year.


The only thing left to do on it is the binding, which will be done tomorrow morning early.

I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off to knit - you didn't think I was just going to sit did you?


No comments: