Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Delays Delays Delays

Its been an interesting past few days.  Well not interesting but not what was planned either.

After finishing that beautiful 3D pinwheels wall hanging, I loaded one of my own quilts -  2 rows done and looking gooooood - boom -  Lizzie (my name for my long arm) quite working.  She was totally dead no life movement at all.

Of course this happens on a Saturday evening and the service shop does not open until Monday.

Tap tap tap - now what - Oh god I'm going through withdrawal -  just knowing I cant quilt can put my mind in stress mode.

Of course I have many other projects I can work on - like piecing another scrappy that I have started a few weeks past.

There is also needle punch to be worked on - so never fear, I have not been sitting idle while Lizzie is in her coma.

On Monday I called repair and as I suspected it was an easy fix WHEW - just a fuse.  Once I was told where to find the dead fuse and new one - Lizzie came back to life just like I had hit her with life support paddles.

Sad for me though.  I was not feeling well all day yesterday, and although I tried to run a few rows of quilting my body and my heart just wasn't into it.

Instead I sat in my recliner watched movies and took about 6 naps - not like me at all.

Walked out the drive to get the mail and so frustrated because the weather was gorgeous and I could have accomplished so much, but alas it was not to be.  The most I could handle was sitting outside watching the cars go by.

Oh yeah getting back to the quilting -  I Finished the scrappy string quilt this morning - she (Lizzie) and I feel much better.




Free motion quilted using meander in border - looping inner border -  EKG for blocks and sashing and half clams in the cornerstones  - half clams is not really a name but don't know what else to call these curved squares - maybe I should call them that?

The applique in corners was purchased in Houston.  They are precuts and backed with steam a seam ready for use -   they can also be purchased through www.urbanelementz.com

My good friend Margie - did the hand stitching around the applique, as I have told you in the past I have a terrible hand stitch so I  leave it up to those that can.

Here is another fun project that I will be working on in the future.


My good friend's husband made this PVC wreath for me - I will be decorating with mosaic balls that will be made by my daughter Stacy

Isn't it just lovely

Now here is what happens when you shut the door


Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  -  I didn't slam it.   I shut it normally walked away and heard "crash"  I didn't even want to look.

Its all broken and bagged - to be returned to be repaired - the good thing its made out of PVC so the rings are in tact but its a big puzzle now waiting to be put back together.

Stupid stupid stupid - Today's Lesson  don't hang a heavy wreath with a thin over the door hanger!!!!!!

No comments: