Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Seriously!!!

As you probably remember my meeting Karen McTavish (love) buying her book and dvd's

My fingers were itching to try my hand at McTavishing - Isnt that something that they actually named her stitching technique after her own name.

A long while back I took a long arm ruler class and kept the practice piece we were using.  Not like most of the ruler work I had done that day I spent hours ripping out the stitches.

So instead of practice more ruler work I practiced McTavishing and other stitching - here are the results of my "playing around"

This is McTavishing


Practicing Victorian feathers

Paisley feathers and tiny swirls




Now I'm anxious to try out McTavishing on real quilts - hmmmm   She explains that McTavishing is an alternative to stippling and meandering - hmmmmm again!


In addition to practice quilting I am still working on customer quilts - finished a guild sisters quilt just in time for Tues night meeting,. And No I didn't use McTavishing - but I did use one of my favorite Pantos - Fern Gully






This design works well with most quilt tops but especially if you are working on a quilt for boys or men.  They really aren't too happy when you put flowers or hearts or feathers on their manly quilts.

Dont know why!





No comments: