Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cartoon Quilters

Last April retreat I made the top for this really cute wall hanging.

The other day I finally loaded it on the machine and began the quilting.  Here is where I do my practice customizing.

Rather than attempt a new design or even one I'm used to doing on a customer quilt I like to drag out one of my tops and do all the mistakes on it.

Such was the case here -  I had somewhat of an idea of what I was going to do and proceeded but!!!! again with the thread changes and even a stitch design - I started out using a dark purple and thought this might look OK on the lighter fabrics   -  Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated it.  I then went on with some other sections that I did like and after I completed all of the top except these small borders. it came off the machine and into my lap for about 8 hours of taking out the ugly stitches and replacing with more appealing thread color and design.

Back onto the machine and finished up the quilting this morning





Pretty pleased with the completed quilt

No comments: